TextBar - Mac App
TextBar is a tiny but powerful app that lets you add any text to your MenuBar.
“TextBar is an awesome app which solves a problem that I have been struggling with for at least three years” - MacStories.net
“[it] takes a little messing around with before you find a use for it, but it’s well worth the time” - lifehacker
- Configure TextBar to run scripts/commands/… and display the results in your menubar.
- Quickly copy the text to your clipboard, or,
- Configure your own action scripts (see TextBar Actions).
- Enable/disable each item individually.
- Configure how often you want each item to be updated.
- Configure whether you want to be notified when the text changes.
- Drag/Drop reordering in the Preferences table.
TextBar - Recipes [Contributions welcome!]
TextBar is limited by the available space in your MenuBar - which is dependent on screen resolution and the number of other items being displayed. If you find that you run out of MenuBar space, then MacBartender is a fantastic app to free some space.
Minimum System Requirements
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.9 or later.